NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the offline results processing utility be configured to leave the original tsr in place after processing?

Solved!
Go to solution

(In other words) What if I don't want the original log files to be moved to another location, but I want to run them through the offline results processing?  We'd like to keep the original tsr files for archiving (without having to copy them to yet another location).

Maybe there's another way to do this?  I tried making my inbox and outbox locations the same, but the utility forbids it.  Once successfully processed, the files are moved to the Outbox location.

CLA, CTA
Not my tempo... AGAIN!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,191 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author GarryG

The utility moves completed files so it (and you) can tell which files are done and which still need to be processed if new files arrive or the utility restarts.

Would it help to store the original files in the archive location and make copies to the tsr inbox only you want to process?  Or, if you are processing immediately upon creation, make the outbox be the archive location?

Message 2 of 4
(4,188 Views)

James,

I thought that was the case.  The outbox gets tsrinfo files when the processing is done.  Couldn't the existence of this file (or its contents) indicate that the result processing is no longer necessary for a given file?

What you mentioned will also work, but it would be nice if we had an option to not remove the original Inbox file.

CLA, CTA
Not my tempo... AGAIN!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,183 Views)

"Couldn't the existence of this file (or its contents) indicate that the result processing is no longer necessary for a given file? "

It could have, but the TSR utility was written to do it the other way. I'm guessing one reason might have been to minimize disk usage by default, especially since the user still has the option to copy the file more times if they want.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,177 Views)