cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot find ResultList

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello.

I am having some difficulty getting pass/fail data from Test Stand's result list. I am using Test Stand 2017 (64 bit) with LabVIEW 2018 (64 bit) modules. I am using a slightly modified version of the parallel process model I inherited. JSON and ATML 5.0 Standard report models are used and the active configuration is "default for inline processing."

What I am attempting to do is use a subsequence (called "Sequence Cleanup") in the Cleanup section of MainSequence. In this subsequence, I am attempting to read through all the results from MainSequence to see if a failure or error occurred and, if so, display it to the operator. I have also set error processing to go to Cleanup should a run-time error occur.

When I use Watch View to monitor where I expect this data to show up, RunState.Root.Locals.ResultList[], this shows up as a valid but empty array, as if data is never in there.

As such, where do I find the results from MainSequence, if not in RunState.Root?

thanks!

adam

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(879 Views)

Any ideas here? I've scoured these forums and google for a solid week without finding any info on where the Result List is other than ReunState.Root.... a bit dead in the water...

thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(841 Views)

I have tried to reproduce what you are seeing

Looking at the Variables Pane you might see something like this

Oli_Wachno_0-1691576035777.png

RunState.Root.Locals.REsultList is in fact empty, since it refers to the Processmodel Entrypoint, not to your sequence

Why  don't you just pass a reference to Locals.Result donw to the SubSequence? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(827 Views)

I thought I had tried passing on the locals.results list without success, but I'll have to try it again. Naturally, i now have equipment out for calibration so it'll take a couple days.

Question - my local variables on my main sequence do contain a few ResultList items in an array. When I drill down into these, they appear to be all the setup steps (turn on power supply, etc). Do the actual test results just get appended to this list once the main sequence is run?

thanks for your insight - learning why that array was empty is very helpful!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(817 Views)

Image of local variables

thosquanta_0-1691597061467.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(816 Views)

@thosquanta wrote:

I thought I had tried passing on the locals.results list without success, but I'll have to try it again. Naturally, i now have equipment out for calibration so it'll take a couple days.

Question - my local variables on my main sequence do contain a few ResultList items in an array. When I drill down into these, they appear to be all the setup steps (turn on power supply, etc). Do the actual test results just get appended to this list once the main sequence is run?

thanks for your insight - learning why that array was empty is very helpful!

For each step in your sequence having been executed, the TestStand Engine adds / appends a ResultContainer to the ResultList array

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(786 Views)

Well, I've got the hardware back from calibration and have tried just passing Locals.ResultList from the main sequence. This seems to have sort of worked, although I had to pass by value and not by reference.

I am able to see the values update in Watch View, and it does indeed pass the result list from main along. to the cleanup sequence

However, I am for some reason getting an error when I try to look at the Status of each.

I am passing Locals.ResultList from my main seq into Parameters.PreviousReultList. I then iterate over this array, which appears to be working correctly. I have set up a local variable Locals.CurrentResult in my cleanup sequence to be the container for "Current Element" in the iterated array.

When i try to analyze the results, i get an error looking at Locals.CurrentResult.Status.

The reported error is:

Error executing 'If' step.
Unknown variable or property name '(Locals.CurrentResult.Status)'.[Error Code: -17306]"
 which does not make a lot of sense to me, as i can see that variable populated in each array element in the Watch View.

I've shown the relevant code from my sequence cleanup. Any idea what would cause this error?

thosquanta_0-1692215199561.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(751 Views)

There are some aspects, in your description I don't really understand.

Can you please confirm:

- "Sequence Cleanup" Parameters.Previous ResultList is an Array with Elements of Type Result

- "Sequence Cleanup" Parameters.Previous ResultList  setup is set to check type 

Oli_Wachno_0-1692257630978.png

-  "Sequence Cleanup" Locals.CurrentResult is of Type Result

Why do you have the #NoValidation Tag set here?

Oli_Wachno_1-1692257730768.png

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(735 Views)

Parameters.Previous ResultList is indeed an array with elements of type result and has been set to check type. I think the #NoValidation was set in a previous attempt. It does not need to be there.

thosquanta_0-1692285445082.pngthosquanta_1-1692285484154.png

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(722 Views)

OH, and Locals.CurrentResult is the correct variable type:

thosquanta_0-1692285624619.png

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(721 Views)