NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert relative VI paths to absolute paths

Hi all,

I found utilities to convert absolute path for VIs called in test stand into relative paths but not the other way round. The problem is my sequence has calls to a lot of VIs in a directory which is very broad and has at least 6 levels of depth which makes development painfully slow as test stand finds it quite a task to locate these VIs. Since I'[m not planning to move this project to deploy it to another system and modularity is not my concern is there any way to convert these relative file paths to absolute file paths without doing it manually?

Thanks in advance! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,012 Views)

This is sounding more like an issue with your Search Directories.  If your VIs are not in a search directory, then TestStand should not be looking for the VIs as the relative paths will point right at the VI.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,953 Views)

It is able to detect these VIs and yes the search path is added, but it takes test-stand a good 5-7 seconds to respond when I click on a VI that is called in the sequence

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,942 Views)

I got the issue! The problem was that test stand sequence was two directories into the hierarchy so the relative path to the VIs was something like

.\.\Dashboards\main_db.vi but in the search directories there were other directories that had higher priority for searching VIs and going two levels up and starting the search in those directories slowed down test stand crazily. All I had to do was move the project search directory up in the search list and voila it worked.

Message 4 of 4
(1,878 Views)