NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom step type Export and Import

Hi,

I have created custom step types similar IVI for all my HAL drivers.

I need help in sharing it with my team in different locations.

I am looking at exporting and importing of the custome step types similar to templates.

Could anyone help me with this.

Thanks in advance

Anna

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,984 Views)

Anna,

when creating the step type definition, you have picked a location for it. By default, it is "MyTypes.ini".

You can create your own custom ini-file containing your specific step types in the type editor.

When distributing your step types, you have to pass the ini-file containing the type definition(s) AND all sources connected to that types (substep modules).

On the target machine, you have to include that ini-file in the system for type definitions in the type editor.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,957 Views)

Hi Nobert_B

Thaks a lot tried it...

It worked...

Thanks

Anna

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,949 Views)

Furthermore, if you put the type palette file in the <TestStandPublic>\Components\TypePalettes directory on your target machines, it will automatically be loaded the next time that version of TestStand is run on that machine. You could also put these files in source control so that whenever a developer does a "get" on the files, they will automatically get the latest version of your step types.

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,944 Views)

Thanks Doug.. Tried that... This is easy...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,922 Views)