NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database report mechanism

Hi,

I'm trying to understand the teststand communication with databases and I have a general question.

Lets say I'm working with teststand and I'm connected to my database.

If while sending my reports the server crashes , now my ATE still working with test stand and creates reports.

Is there any stack or other model that saves my reports and when the server is back online it's automatically sends the saved reports ?

-----------------------------------------
Kobi Kalif
Software Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,813 Views)

Hi Kobi,

There is currently not a feature to store data and log it after a connection error occurs.  however, if you are using TestStand 2012, you can use the offline result processing feature to achieve something similar.  Using this method, your results will be stored in a compact binary format, which can later be converted to readable results by the offline results processing utility (through report generation or database logging).  

For more information on using the offline results processing feature of TestStand 2012, refer to the TestStand help:

TestStand Offline Results Processing Utility

When using this method, new, unprocessed results will appear in the inbox section of the Offline Results Processing Utility, and will be moved to the outbox location once processed.  However, if an error occurs during report generation or database logging, the inbox file will remain so that you can retry. This will ensure that no data is lost due to a database connectivity error.

Al B.
Staff Software Engineer - TestStand
CTA/CLD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,785 Views)