NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment Utility-error including .dll in the install\system32 folder

Solved!
Go to solution

Trying to build my deployable version of my sequence and need to include a .dll be installed into the C:\Windows\system32 directory.  Have done this before but am not sure why I am getting an error this time...

"Error: Could not copy files, the destination may not be writable, not have sufficient disk space, or may exceed the maximum path length.  Copy failed for the following file(s):
C:\MySeqDir\MyLib.dll to C:\MySeqDir\Installer\system32\<Not A Path>
Please consult TestStand online help to get more information on how to resolve deployment errors.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++"

Why am I getting this error??????

Please help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,169 Views)

Here is a screen shot of "View Destination" in the Deployment Utility

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,168 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author queenlooners

Nevermind, I had to remove the .dll from the workspace and my dir then re-paste it in the dir, replace it in the workspace then it finally shows up in my deploy utility with the correct destination...I guess somehow the path was being stored incorrectly from my workspace?  ...weird

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,165 Views)

Queenlooners,

I would like to try to fix this bug could you answer a few questions to help me reproduce it?

What version of TestStand were you using?  

Did the TSDU have the path correct at first and then give <not a path> after some editing in the TSDU, or was the path <not a path> right after you added the DLL to the workspace and did an analysis?

Was there anything unusual about the path?   (Very long, non-english characters, a DLL built from LabVIEW VIs, etc.)

Do you still have a copy of the old TSD and workspace & project files that still shows the error?   .

-Rick Francis

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,140 Views)

I already had the .tsw and .tsd.

I added .dll to .tsw then wanted to include it in the .tsd.

opened .tsd and showed up as <Not A Path>.

No crazy names in the path, path was only 2 sub folders from c-drive (eg. C:\subfolder1\subfolder2\mylib.dll).  Wanted this .dll to be installed in the C:\Windows\system32 directory.

Don't have version of .tsd with the error, sorry.

I have alredy fixed the problem though.  See my previous post 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,137 Views)