NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Pattern Throws Edge Multiplier error when called from TestStand

Hello,

I have a pretty simple digital pattern that captures 1000 samples of data. This pattern seems to run fine from the digital pattern editor. However, when I call the pattern using the C# method NiDigital.PatternControl.BurstPattern, via TestStand, I get an edge multiplier error (attached). I have only configured 1x edge multipliers for the pins involved and haven't intentionally done anything else with edge multipliers. As far as I can tell the proper timing sheet is applied during TestStand operation.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(104 Views)

You cannot drive off right at 0, there are minimum edge placement requirements.

santo_13_0-1712712563628.png

You need at least 5ns separation between Drive On and Off

santo_13_1-1712712668702.png

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(87 Views)

Hi Santhosh,

I appreciate the reply, but I don't think that is the cause of this issue--as I mentioned this pattern *does* run in the digital pattern editor, just not when called from TestStand. Also, I have also run patterns in the past successfully that had drive on and drive off set to 0.

Thanks,

Jppb

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(54 Views)

Could you please attach the files for review? The error snippets just don't tell much.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(50 Views)