NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic LabVIEW front panel GUI; Keep front panel open while executing other sequences

dynamicPanelLV

I am trying to incorporate the "Dynamic LabVIEW Subpanel in TS user interface" example into our project.

It has an area to the right of the Test Stand Operator Interface where VI front panels can be shown while they are called by TestStand

This user interface would be ideal as it allows for user input and gives us a place to show instructional images to the user during our sequence.

I would like to use these dynamic front panels for the following:

1. To show images while test is running to tell the user what knobs and buttons to press on the UUT
  2. To show numeric indicators (Such as voltage measurements)
  3. To give user access to controls to alter the flow of the sequence file's sub sequences.  For example: to skip sequences and test only a certain portion of the UUT's functionality

The problem that I'm running into is that the front panel is only shown while that step that calls the module is active. 

I'm looking for a way to put up a front panel have it stay up and continue on the sequence to take measurements, and updating the front panel as needed.

Thank you for reading.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,199 Views)

Hi

In my experience I use the UI Messages

You can customize your own UI as you need, using tabs, this tabs can dinamically work as you need and according the action.

you can create a VIs that communicate the actions to the User interface.

this Link help me to create my own UI with LabVIEW and Send messages from Teststand.

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/4532/en/

Regards!

Message 2 of 2
(2,110 Views)