NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide certain steps in the execution view

I am trying to modify the TestStand 4.0 simple OI using C# 2005 for the OI and LabVIEW 8.2.1 for the test development.

In many ways, there is more on this "simple" interface than an operator needs to see.

The execution window is too verbose.  I would like to not display step types such as flow control, message box, and action.  I have not been able to find anything in the TS classes to help me with this besides creating my own output window, which seems is a bit excessive.

Is there a way to implement step filtering?

Thanks

Message Edited by John J on 06-12-2007 03:07 PM

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,542 Views)
Hi John,

I'm not aware of any way to 'filter' steps like you mentioned in your post. If you wanted to hide a particular sequence of steps you could change the sequence file itself by placing those certain groups of steps into subsequences and then disable tracing or lock the subsequences. This would prevent execution tracing into the subsequence and abstract those steps from the operator.
Test Engineer - CTA
Message 2 of 6
(3,530 Views)
Thanks Jon,

I'm just surprised how verbose, and complex the "simple" OI is from an operator point of view.

We assume that if a monkey can't run the test, we'll be constantly supporting a tester that's over 1,000 miles away.  We don't want to do that.

An operator does not need to know if an "IF" statement is being executed, see a (meaningless to them) nested indentation scheme, or see buttons that they can't even use.

I appreciate the reply,

JJJ
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,526 Views)
I have submitted this capability as a feature request to the NI Product Suggestion Center.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,512 Views)
I have the same probleme, every one have a solution?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,207 Views)
Hi Costello,

Currently, there is not a quick and easy solution to the question posed by John J. However, there has been a specific (as opposed to general) solution found on the forums, but it is done for a simple operator interface in LabVIEW, not in C#. This link will take you to that forum discussion. Once you see how Josh's simple operator interface was done in LabVIEW, you should be able to compare the changes in LabVIEW with the original simple operator interface, and apply those changes to your code in C#. If you do not have LabVIEW installed on your computer, I would then recommend downloading the evaluation version of LabVIEW from here
Jonathan F.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,168 Views)