NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create (or modify) a custom CVI Teststand Adapter

Hi All

I was wondering if anyone knows how to create or modify the CVI TestStand Adapter (I am still using version 3.x due to legacy support issues)

Specifically, I am looking to add additional header files and compiler definitions to the workspace/project ,   I found a "tscviprj.ini" file in the C:\Program

Files\National Instruments\TestStand 3.1\AdapterSupport\CVI folder that seems to contain some of this information, but could not figure out how to modify it.

For compiler definitions,   I modified the C:\Program Files\National Instruments\TestStand 3.1\CodeTemplates\User\PassFailCVI   template by adding  a

#define MYCONSTANT  at the top of the tmeplate, but this # define did not get included when i generated code with this modified template.

I also tried changing the [Compiler Defines] section of the tscviprj.ini file, but niether of these resulted in the definition being included in either the source or project.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,232 Views)

Hi NIExpert,

Unfortunately the adapter API is not exposed, so you cannot create or modify an adapter.   The files in Adapter Support, for example the "tscviprj.ini" file are used to debug CVI code modules (e.g. stepping into the code).  The PassFailCVI is a specific step, which you can modify, but this does not sound like what you are trying to do. Please let me know if this answers your question and if there is anything else that I can do to help you.

Cheers,

Kelly

Cheers,
Kelly R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,203 Views)

I suspected as much, but was not sure if that ability had been added to a newer version of TestStand

I was hoping to add sume cutome header files, constant definitions and/or FP instrument files to the Code template, but it seems that is not possible.

maybe we can add that to the wish list 😉

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,199 Views)

Hi NIExpert,

Thank you for the feedback!  If you would like, you can make a product suggestion at the following link: digital.ni.com/applications/psc.nsf/default?OpenForm

Cheers,
Kelly

Cheers,
Kelly R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,186 Views)