NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identifying Source of Reference Leaks in Custom OI

Hi all,

Couldn't find anything on this that was specific enough to my situation so I'm posting here to ask for help.

I have a custom TestStand OI (TS4.2.1) written in LabVIEW 2010. When I run it and run a sequence, then close the OI, I get 2 object leaks reported by the TestStand Debug Options dialog box. They correspond to two PropertyObjects being sent to the OI via the PostUIMessageEx() method in the TestStand sequence.

When these UI messages are sent from TS, a UIMessageEvent callback VI handles the reception of the message, and takes the activeXDataParam from the message and converts it to a PropertyObject before giving it as a parameter to a user event which is triggered. This in turn triggers the code for this event in the OI's event structure.

I have closed all references that I can see relating to the two PropertyObjects and still get this error. When I run the Desktop Execution Trace Toolkit on it, I get two reference leaks with the details "Automation: 0x69800014" (the hex address differs obviously).

I'm just wondering is there any quick way to track that number in the multitude of VIs that I have in this project? Or is it a matter of probing every automation refnum wire to see where this leads?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Rob

Benetel Wireless and RF Solutions Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,664 Views)

Rob,

I think your leak is related to the issue described in this KB - http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/C340060ECAFAA169862573C900723541

Regards

Anand Jain

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,646 Views)