cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 8350

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am currently working on a project that will be using a NI 8350 Rackmount Controller and I am running into a problem. As soon as I plug the power cord into the outlet it trips the GFCI outlet. No other device that I plug into the outlet does this and I have tried several different power cords. I no longer have the original power cord but I do not think this is the issue. Like I said before I can plug any other device into the GFCI outlet and it never trips only when using the controller.  

Any help on troubleshooting the problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,313 Views)

You are most likely in the wrong forum.  I believe you want this forum: https://forums.ni.com/t5/PXI/bd-p/270

TestStand is a software product.  You can read more about it here: http://www.ni.com/en-us/shop/electronic-test-instrumentation/application-software-for-electronic-tes...

The reason I point this out is because the people who are most likely to help you solve your problem quicker and better will not look in this forum.

Cheers,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,312 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jbo2

Even though I pointed you to the other forum it sounds like you need to isolate your problem more.  Can you plug the controller into a different GFCI network and see if it trips that one?  If so I'd say you have an issue with your controller.  If you plug it into a non-GFCI outlet does it blow the fuse in the circuit breaker?  Or does the controller work but get really hot?

Just some thoughts.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
Message 3 of 5
(2,309 Views)

We found another GFCI outlet on the other side of the warehouse and it worked just fine. Turns out you can't have a coffee pot and the controller plugged into the same circuit... 

Thank you for the reply. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,305 Views)

Well, how are you supposed to stay awake while the tests are running?  Smiley LOL

Glad it worked.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,291 Views)