NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Operator Interface Entry point buttons disappear

When I run either the CVI or LabVIEW example user interfaces with Teststand, the Entry point and Run sequence buttons disappear immediately after login. It appears calling the subVI Simple OI - Configure SequenceFileView Manager.vi causes the buttons to disappear using the LabVIEW version. 

Any ideas why I’ve tried reinstalling Teststand  (version 3.50). The Operator interfaces have not been modified.

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(4,947 Views)

Hi Dave

I have just ran the same example on my machine using LabVIEW 8.20 and TestStand 3.5, the entry point and run sequence buttons do not disappear on mine but are instead renamed to represent - "Test UUTs, Single Pass and RunMainSequence". Is this the same occurance in your case or are the buttons not there at all?

Regards
YatinM
NIUK

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(4,927 Views)

Hi,

What user are you logging with?

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(4,924 Views)

Thanks for your responses.

I have installed and run this on four machines. Two worked as expected – changing the button text as described. On the other 2 the buttons just vanish. I have tried re installing TS 3.5 and LV 8.2 on one of these systems. I deleted the directory structure after uninstalling TS before re installing. I still get the same behaviour. I have tried running from the LV exe, the LV llb and the CVI exe. All produce the same results, the buttons disappear making the UI unusable. 

I am using the default administrator no password login.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(4,918 Views)

One reason they might disappear is if you don't have a process model or if you have loaded a file that specifies it does not use a process model.

Make sure your Model settings are the same as on the computers that work (Configure>>Station Options>>Model Tab). Then load examples\demo\c\computer.seq.

Are the buttons still invisible?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(4,913 Views)

Thanks for the info James.

I'll try that on Thursday whan i next visit that customer. I'll post how I get on.

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(4,907 Views)
Thanks for the responses. I can’t replicate the problem today, if it reappears I will repost more information here.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(4,874 Views)
I had the exact same problem after upgrade to TS3.5 and LV8.2 using the LV operator interface.  The process model seems to load (shows up in the gutter) but there are no buttons for the entry points and the entry points do not show in the Execute menu.  However, when I open a sequence file, the buttons reappear.  This must be a new feature.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(4,628 Views)
The buttons are only visiible when their functionality makes sense.  Until there is a sequence file open, you cannot run an execution entry point.

Allen P.
NI
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(4,606 Views)

Also, there are several configuration options for entry points that can be set. These are available by getting the Properties of hte Entry Point Sequence in the Process Model. I've attached a link to seperate post on the topic here: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/330/14616/1/EntryPoint.jpg

-Jack

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(4,582 Views)