cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Deleting frontendCallback from User folder

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am customizing my own frontend callback seq and during application installation am copying that to user Frontendcallback folder (ie D:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\National Instruments\TestStand 4.2.1\Components\Callbacks\FrontEnd) it overrided the default callback and worked fine.

and during uninstallation am deleting the frontend callback from that location but after deletion of the files am getting "WINDOWS TRY TO CONFIGURE TESTSTAND" (refer attachment) on openig the TestStand after deletion of callbacks.this messages continues until i copy the deleted frontend call back in tht fuser older.

Why this is happening? any help to get rid of this?

Thanks

Bharathi

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,532 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author IVI

This is being caused due to the frontendcallbacks.seq file being missing.  The installer detects that a component is not properly installed (in this case the frontendcallbacks.seq file), and attempts to repair itself by running the installer again.

However, the installer was not designed properly to account for your ability to change or even remove this file.  Issue #257564 has been created to fix this in a future version of TestStand.  However, until the installer is modified, the only way to prevent this from happening is to have a file with the name frontendcallbacks.seq in that location.  I would suggest on uninstall putting the default file back in place to avoid this issue.  I apologize for the inconvenience.

-Allen P

NI

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,511 Views)