NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Responding to commandKind event - Test Stand/Labview UI

Solved!
Go to solution
Hey guys hey.  I have a control on a Labview/Test Stand UI that I want to change the attributes of based on if the user is logged in or a sequence file is loaded.  How can I create an event that will fire when the user logs in or out or a sequence is loaded or unloaded etc.  I have tried firing an event when the ActiveX control Login|Logout mouse click is up, but the event never fires.  I assume that's because the CommandKind_LoginLogout is attached to that control and maybe overrides the event?  My version is TS 4.1, LV 8.6, OS XP.  TY
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,847 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ET

Hi ET,

This option may work for you. You can edit the Configure Event Callbacks.vi to include three extra events, a SequenceFileOpened, SequenceFileClosed, and UserChanged.  This will capture when someone hits one of the three buttons and execute the code in the callback VI.  You can modify the connector pane of the VI or the bundle for user parameters to include a reference to the control of interest, and pass the reference into the user parameter option so it is available in each callback VI.  You can then wire this up to a generic property node to modify the attributes of the control you created the reference for.  I have attached a screenshot of the modification of the Configure Event Callbacks VI.  I hope this option works for you!

Cheers,
Kelly R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,827 Views)