NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send an Email via teststand

I would like to send an Email with ActiveX Step Test in the sequence TS. Is it possible? what is it the method?
Thanks
David
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,346 Views)
Hi Dav, do you really need TS/ActiveX to do so? Since I'm using LV anyway, I used the VIs supplied. Regards Oli
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,341 Views)

Thanks you, but i don't have LV and VI. I want to use TS with ActiveX

David

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,338 Views)
There is no built-in method in TestStand to send an email.  However, you can use the ActiveX/COM Adapter to call a code module that sends an email.  You may be able to find an existing component to do this, or can write one in a supported language.

Allen P.
NI
Message 4 of 10
(4,314 Views)

Is there any way to send email from Teststand for File Global values ?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,180 Views)

@PadmanabanJ wrote:

Is there any way to send email from Teststand for File Global values ?

I did not really understand your question....

You can format your File Globals into a strings. Assembling those strings in a large one, you can send this as an email

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,176 Views)

Hi,

I need to email a string from Teststand which is stored in FileGlobals.
How can I do it?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,170 Views)

For sending an email from TestStand you need an external code module (see above)

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,161 Views)

Thanks for reply.

I've another question:
My Teststand will launch a VI when it is executed. If Front panel of that VI was minimized or Closed, then Test stand must pause its execution. I like to have a Customize option [probably in Teststand toolbar] which should again relaunch VI execution from first. Is it possible in Teststand? 

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,157 Views)

Please search the forum first. I you can't find what you're looking for,open a new thread decsribing the use case and requirements more precisely, so you can be helped.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,152 Views)