NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Strings from PreBatch to PreUUT?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

I am currently improving our test reports and I am working on adding the feature for users to add test notes before the execution of a test.

I have added this feature into the PreBatch subsequence because we use this to call a VI that we use to get the serial numbers.

Because I am adding the test notes to the UUT report header I have overriden the PreUUT Process Model callback to add the additional data and to set the include flag.

I have an issue however where the Test Notes string information doesn't seem to be getting copied and is instead showing up as  ' " ' .

Within the code module that we use to get the serial numbers and the test notes I output the String into a file global that I then include into my report under the Test Notes header.

Any ideas on why the string isn't showing and I only get this ' " ' ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,913 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Conor.

I figured it out.

Both the PreBatch and the PreUUT can see the ModelData property.

With a lot of help from a colleague I implemented the following code.

PreBatch Code

Statement (Add TestNotes Property)

Expression = Parameters.ModelData.BatchUUT.AdditionalData.SetValString("TestNotes",1,Locals.TestNotes)

PreUUT Code

If (PropertyExists("Parameters.ModelData.BatchUUT.AddiitonalData.TestNotes"))

Statement (Populate Header)

Expression = Parameters.UUT.AdditionalData.SetValString("TestNotes",PropOption_InsertIfMissing,Parameters.ModelData.GetValString("BatchUUT.AdditionalData.TestNotes",PropOption_NoOptions))

Statement (Include within Report)

Expression = Parameters.UUT.AdditionalData.SetFlags("",0,PropFlags_IncludeInReport)

I hope this helps whoever else comes across this problem 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,898 Views)