NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*.Seq File Format has any difference when Deployed

Solved!
Go to solution

Does the File Format of a *.seq has any difference when the system is deployed on a Tester with the deployment license only?

I assume that the File Format only affects when running the sequences within the TestStand Development. But I could be wrong, which is why I'm asking.

Thanks

Reference from Best Practices:

File Format
File format can affect speed and performance. Prior to TestStand 4.0, all sequences were saved in the INI format.
TestStand 4.0 and later allows you to save sequences in three file formats: INI, XML, and binary. The binary format
offers the fastest load and save times and also generates the smallest files. You can specify which format to use for new
sequence files by clicking the File Format Options button on the Preferences tab of Station Options dialog box. To
change the format of an existing sequence file, choose Edit»Sequence File Properties and select File Format on the
General tab.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,611 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Foreshadow20

The format shouldn't change when deployed.  Are you seeing it change?  You can test it by opening it up in a text editor in both cases and seeing if they look similar.

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,610 Views)

OK thank you. I haven't tried to deploy it. I'm going through everything that we need to know before implementing a strategy for development.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,606 Views)