NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start Parallel Test with a LabVIEW VI

Hello all,

A fellow engineer and I have been banging our heads trying to get a test socket to start without having to enter a serial number, instead relying on a PLC bit detecting a unit placed in our test station.  Here's the scenario:

• We've been using the Parallel Model as our basis for designing our TestStand.  We're going to work with just 2 test sockets
  • We want to replace the CVI dialog that is used in the ParallelModel sequence, Run UUT Info Dialog subsequence, with a LabVIEW VI for easier editing/troubleshooting, and to work around the serial number requirement.
  • Before doing the code for the PLC, we want to figure out how to tell TestStand to continue/restart/abort a test from LabVIEW.  In the CVI code of the parallel UUT info dialog that is used, it seems like it passes a string with the test socket number and a string that is something along the lines of "Parameters.ModelData.TestSockets[index].WaitForControllerNotification", but we cannot find away to do this via a LabVIEW VI for the life of us.

Some examples I've found on the knowledge base were made in TestStand 3, we're using TestStand 2014 now.  Has anyone had any success in telling TestStand to start a test for a test socket via LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,948 Views)

Hi wanamaa,

You may want to take a look at the Teststand simple user interface. Here's a helpful resource :
 http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/52367/en/

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,912 Views)

Hi nicholas.pj,

Thanks for the resource, I'll check it out and get back on here if I have any follow up questions

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,893 Views)