NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Station Options properties

Hi

I'm trying to get where the Configure -> Station Options -> Execution default values are but no joy. My goal is to change the default value from feature "On Run-Time Error" to "Ignore".

I looked every file on C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\TestStand 2019 (32-bit)\Cfg. 

Using 2019 32-bits (19.0.0.170)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(227 Views)

https://www.ni.com/docs/de-DE/bundle/teststand/page/configuration-files.html

gives you a pretty comprehensive overwiew about which configuration files are used by TestStand.

Have you checked GeneralEngine.cfg ?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(180 Views)

Hello Oli

Yes I checked GeneralEngine.cfg (as suggested by the config files doc), but the only tags that I "found" regarding this feature were BreakOnStepFailure and BreakOnSequenceFailure bellow InteractiveBranchMode tag (which is the option above the On Run-Time Error feature in Station Options)

But, as On Run-Time Error is a select feature, I'm not 100% sure that these tags targets the select option because both BreakOnStepFailure and BreakOnSequenceFailure have a Bool classname. I was expecting something like InteractiveBranchMode tag that has a Num classname and accepts a range of numbers as value (I think these numbers represents the indexes of the select options)

Are you aware of this? 

Thanks for the feedback!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(149 Views)

Ok, when writing this, I just checked, which cfg file had changed after I did the mod in SeqEdit

Couldn't you just do a diff on the config files before and after the mod to see what has changed on file level?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(145 Views)

An alternative and a preferred method is to use the API (StationOptions.RTEOption - NI). Is that not an option?

Regards, 

Anand Jain

NI

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(130 Views)