NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step failure in TestStand 2016

Hi,

I have created a dialog box which has multiple sequence files in it.It works like first we need to enter serial number ID when the pop up comes for "Enter Model No:" and if the entered serial number sequence is present then it executes or else it gives a message "please enter valid model id."

But when a step fails in the sequence then it should stop and come out of the sequence immediately.But it is not working.And if we take the individual sequence file from the dailog box and we run it individually then it stops when step failure occurs.

Hereby I'm attaching both the files for reference.

Any help/solution will be highly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,112 Views)

What is your Immediately Goto Cleanup on Sequence Failure set to for your Station Options?

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,080 Views)

Right now it is on Igonre option ,but I have tried with all of them i.e. Abort immediately where it doesnt produce a report , run cleanup and show dialog box

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,074 Views)

It seems that you have confused Failure and Error in TestStand here.  First things first: Failure is not equal to Error.  They are completely different and need to be treated differently.

Which are you seeing not go to cleanup?

Are you really generating an error or is it a failure that you are looking at?

In Station Options on the Execution tab at the bottom there are 2 settings.  One for errors and one for failures.  What is the failure one set to?

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,070 Views)

Attaching screenshot of the station options.Please have a look.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,063 Views)

So is it a failure or an error that isn't going to cleanup?

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,049 Views)