NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspected bug: Wrong destination path in Deployment Utility of files in Components folder (Can't separate C:\Program Files.... and C:\Users...)

Hi,

I have a funny bug I recently found. I am using win 7, labview 8.6, TS 2010 sp1.

When I am doing the deployment of my system I put all my LabView code in the Components folder in the Public NI folder (C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\TestStand 2010 SP1\Components\). One of the folders in my LabView folder structure is named TestStand.

But when I include the public Components folder and I also want things from the Components folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\TestStand 2010 SP1\Components in my deployment the things from the C:\Program Files... ends up in the wrong place. Please have a look in the attached picture. The full Installation Destiantion subdirectory is "Components\labview_svn\projects\ED board test_class\TestStand\Components\labview_svn\projects\ED board test_class\TestStand\Components\Models\TestStandModels"

If I try to change the location by using the Installation Destination it still doesn't remove all my LabView path names.

Doesn't this look like a bug?

BR Martin

TS2010sp1_deploy_error.PNG

Update: When I use the 'View Destination' and tries to change the location of the files to the "TestStand Directory" it keeps traversing deeper down in the file structure for every time I test, and then the 'Installation Destination' selector changes back to "Teststand Public Documents Directory".

TS2010sp1_deploy_error2.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,720 Views)

"When I am doing the deployment of my system I put all my LabView code in the Components folder in the Public NI folder"

Don't do that.

CTA, CLA, MTFBWY
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,684 Views)