NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand (2016) Deployment - Different directories

I have a teststand workspace file that was created on a pc where the base directory was 

C:\TSProjects\Project-1

The deployment built without a problem, deployed everything worked.  All the paths in the workstation and the sequences are setup to be relative.

I have a new PC where the TS/Labview based directory of code modules is 

C:\CompanyName\TSProjects\Project-1

When I open up the workspace or deployment, it does not find anything.  All the links are broken.  I added the directory path to search directories and re-opened everything but it still does not have.

This is becoming a problem as we have added new developers who all have slightly different paths.  We are all cognizant about linking with relative paths but are running in to issue creating deployment. 

Any suggestions on what we may be doing wrong?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,736 Views)

Hi!

You can use the workspace or project file to specify the requires files the TestStand Deployment Utility collects to distribute to a target computer. 

What is normally recommend is to use this Tool, if you don't want to use it you could follow this KB https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000001DcEkSAK&l=en-US   check the additional information. 

Just in case here are some good link to have:

1- Deploying LabVIEW Code Modules with NI TestStand

Here is a link that talks about good practices for deploying code modules.

2- Can I Copy LabVIEW Code Module VIs into My TestStand Deployment System?

Here they recommend using the Utility.

Have a great day.

Message 2 of 2
(1,674 Views)