NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand 2020 reloads Labview then LV crashes

Solved!
Go to solution

Is there a way to work around TestStand 2020, reload a VI, then Labview has Fatal Internal Error?  This is getting very persistent as my test steps increase.  The only thing that seems to work is avoid opening or reloading Labview from TestStand.

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(916 Views)

I've seen this behavior only when there is a memory leak going on that where LabVIEW stomps on the memory space of TestStand or vice versa. Or that same error on a LabVIEW VI when the front panel got corrupted.

When you say you reload the steps, are you first running something and then reloading. Or does this happen if you just open up TestStand, lets the steps load, and then reload them?

It would be helpful to look in your temp directory for a file called SeqEdit_[bitness]_20.0.1....txt, SeqEdit would be whatever you exe is called, or it may be LabVIEW instead. But if you look at that after a crash it may help you pin point the exact vi that is bad.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(885 Views)

@ShockHouse wrote:

When you say you reload the steps, are you first running something and then reloading. Or does this happen if you just open up TestStand, lets the steps load, and then reload them?

Well, its your seconds case I noticed most of the time.  I open TS, let the steps reload, manually reload a step and crash happens.  I fixed all broken compiled VIs and this still happens.  Seems to get worse as I add steps.  I'll check out that temp directory you mentioned.  Thx.

Oh, I should add, the PXIe has 8G RAM 2 threads, wondering if I'm just overwhelming the processor/RAM.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(865 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author richjoh

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P9QYSA0&l=en-US .  Doesn't solve my problem, I have no time to dig into the matter.

Edit!

OK, I take that back.  I have a work-around for fix.  Mass Compile all LV files in your project that TS loads, save your project.   Next time TS loads no crash, labview just loads.  You may want to repeat as your make code changes breaking old code that no longer compiles.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(857 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author richjoh

@richjoh wrote:

Edit!

OK, I take that back.  I have a work-around for fix.  Mass Compile all LV files in your project that TS loads, save your project.   Next time TS loads no crash, labview just loads.  You may want to repeat as your make code changes breaking old code that no longer compiles.

It is a one-time fix not permanent.  Mass Compile your VIs, fix ones that are broken and next time TS2020 reloads VI it should succeed.  Repeat when necessary to avoid the TS2020 crashing.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(786 Views)