cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand Simple OI does not close properly

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi there.

We have build a test system that is running TestStand 4.2 and the code modules are created with LabVIEW 9.0. The SW is running on a PC with Windows XP.

We are currently using TestStand Simple Operator Interface (LabVIEW version) to run the tests, and it is with the Operator Interface that we are having a problem.

If we use the TestExec.exe file that came with the TestStand installation everything works fine. But we need to make some modifications to OI and if we open the project file and recompile the OI, then the OI will not close properly. It seems to shutdown the testengine and stop execution of the VI, but the window does not disappear until we move the mouse.

When I open the project file LabVIEW informs me that the project was last saved in version 7.1.1 and we are now running 9.0.

Can anyone tell me what is holding the window on the screen until there is activity on the mouse?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(4,371 Views)

Hi,

Have you made sure that all the TestStand folders with labVIEW VI's/Ctl's in them have been mass compiled with LabVIEW 9?

Have you tried rebuilding the default version with labVIEW 9 and seeing if you get the same problems.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(4,370 Views)

As far as I can tell all VI's used by the OI have been converted to LabVIEW 9.0 but I will check again.

And regarding your other point - yes I have tried to open the default project rebuild without making any changes, and that gives me the same problem.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(4,367 Views)

I was able to take a screenshot of the OI window.

That is what it looks like until there is some activity either with the mouse or on the keyboard.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(4,365 Views)

Hi,

That doesn't look right, are all the buttons populated correctly when its running?

regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(4,363 Views)

Everything looks fine and works until I try to exit the OI.

The sequence showing in the execution view is not my sequence. It is somekind of default sequence.

All sequence files was closed and the sequence view was empty when I closed the OI.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(4,360 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Winther

I have found a solution.

But I am still a little frustrated because I have no idea why it works...

Anyway, if I open vi properties for the Simple OI, go to Execution and change the Preferred Execution System from User Interface to Standard, then the problem goes away.

Message 7 of 14
(4,325 Views)

Winther

Thank you for reporting the bug and posting the workaround.

We are currently investigating this issue and will post a response once we have completed our investigation. 

Regards

Anand  Jain

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(4,287 Views)
I'll be looking forward to reading about your findings Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(4,282 Views)

I was looking through TestStand 4.2 known issues, and I found this:

ID# 148697

LabVIEW User Interface might hang when using LabVIEW events
A LabVIEW User Interface that registers ActiveX callbacks and uses an event structure might hang when the user interacts with a LabVIEW control or indicator. The hang is rare, but when it occurs, TestStand User Interface (UI) Controls remain responsive, but all LabVIEW User Interface elements appear frozen.

Workaround: Activate another application and reactive the LabVIEW User Interface.

Not exactly the same as I am experiencing but sounds similar - Does anyone know more about this issue?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(4,182 Views)