NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tools menu broken?

Solved!
Go to solution

According to TestStand (4.2.1) help there should be 13 options under the Tools menu, mine only displays Customize. Anyone else seen this?

Thanks,

jvh

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,646 Views)

I have seen this after somehow my "Toolsmenu.ini" file got changed to a file size of zero (0 KB).

Eugene

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,638 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jvh75021

Under Configure > Station Options >> Preferences tab I changed my cfg directory so that I could get my station globals in the same tree as my source code for source control purposes. When I changed the preference back to the default for some debugging a new empty .ini file was written. 

If this file is broken the secret is to shutdown TS before replacing the zero length file with a backup, otherwise TS overwrites it again during shutdown. 

TestStand - a test platform for testing my patience.

Message 3 of 5
(3,632 Views)

I have seen this issue before....

When I built a 'User Interface' application in TestStand 4.1.1, I had a custom ToolMenu.INI file in my Deployment ( TSD file ).  Well when I uninstalled my application ( via Add/Remove Programs ), it 'removed' the Tools Menu.INI file from the CFG\ directory.   I am not exactly sure why the uninstaller removes the INI file even though it was edited at a later date....

Opening TestSand again, it will create a  0kb size ( empty ) ToolMenu.INI file if it is not found.  So I had to keep a backup file in the CFG directory to allow it to bring  back the default NI tools.

PH

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,619 Views)

JVH

Your statement:

"TestStand - a test platform for testing my patience."

Got a good laugh here at work, many of my co-workers agree with you. Smiley Very Happy

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,603 Views)