NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find general API help?

I seriously cannot follow the API for TestStand.  I have coded up a LV routine that can add/remove measurements and limits from a multiple numeric limit test- but some of the items completely elude me.

For example, if I leave a single measurement in the list on the MNLT test, I can clone it, update the parameters I know about, and all the results look good.

BUT if I just add a new one (rather than cloning the old one), and set the parameters I think are important, the report will not contain columns for the Units, comp, limits, etc.  But I can't seem to find any information on what properties would cause this.

I can't find documentation to tell me what properties and values exist in each of these PropertyObjects, and I can't even seem to pull info about what's available by calling API props/methods at runtime.  It's like you have to know what you are looking for ahead of time.

Also (and I asked this in another question), I can't seem to find the correct "NumericFormat" property in order to set the format of the number in the report.  I created a step with serveral non-standard formats and tried to use the API to find them at runtime, and I literally cannot find them.

Am I missing something?  WHERE IS THE API DOCUMENTATION FOR THESE ITEMS?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(755 Views)

https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052AA-01/tsapiref/reftopics/teststandobjects/

I agree, finding a proper help page in TS is hard sometimes.

But in the expression pane, you can right-click the method/property and open API help.

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(714 Views)