NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Network Drive Mapping properties not being associated with Test Stand deployment

I recently upgraded a TestStand/LabVIEW (Developer Suite 2012 DS1) deployment project from a Windows XP Pro OS to Windows 7 Enterprise. Now, when I run the Test Stand deployment, Network paths that used to be hard coded into my File Globals are no longer recognized. I re-wrote the vi's, and put "File Dialog" pop-ups so that I could see what path the control is being opened up at, and what appears to be happening is the Network Drive that I am defaulted to is appearing as if it is "disconnected" in the navigation window, and the path is defaulted to my root directory. I can navigate out to my network path no problem from the navigation window, and after the first time I perform this user action, subsequent executions open up to the path I have hard coded in my Sequence File Globals. However, if I reboot my host computer, I again have to go through the exercise of manually pointing to the proper network location? If I use the Windows Explorer to check Mapped Networked Drives, everything is properly mapped and connected.

Has anyone ever seen this behavior? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,006 Views)

So I updated my paths to UNC notation in my File Globals, and everything appears to be working. not sure if this is a TestStand thing or a Windows 7 thing, so if anyone knows, please drop a note on this post.

Thanks.

Message 2 of 4
(3,003 Views)

Hi ATE Dude 22,

I have not come across this problem before but here is a document from MSDN and one from NI which discuss file path conventions. From what I've seen, UNC is also accepted under Windows XP so I would advise using it for your file globals.

Cheers,

KyleP
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 3 of 4
(2,991 Views)

Thanks Kyle

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,989 Views)