NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data drift/shift using teststand

Hello all ,

I recently got a problem passing a big nested structure from teststand to a third-party c++ DLL . i checked for alignment problem for the created struct types in teststand types, seems its not the issue.

I also made a dll in cvi using cdeclspec(dllexport) to pass only the fields inside the struct to it from TS than fill the struct inside cvi where i can make a pointer to the struct from the DLL so no issues of that kind yet, I get the same problem .

some fields on the end of the struct seem to get garbage data for a reason .

* also important to know - if i repeat the same scenario where i call the dll with the same struct passed it might work on the 2-3-4 time . 

just need to point out i use the same dll passing the same struct from a stand alone panel on cvi and it works. i do pretty much the same filling routine on teststand, difference is its not a dll calling the c++ dll nor teststand straight calling the dll but a exe file calling the dll . are there any data size limitation that i might breakthrough when using teststand(my struct size is 13kb)? 

any idea of what can i do to fix this problem ?

when i look at the data stream i sent i can tell that some bytes of the data get shifted but its not consistent .

Thanks ahead.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(53 Views)