NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

executing labview VI in Teststand with deployment license

I am using NI Teststand 2016 and LabVIEW 2018 for one of the project. we got Teststand Deployment license. but for labVIEW we don't have any license. LabVIEW VI's are called in the Test sequence. when never i try to execute the Test sequence. i will have to change the system date to run the TS since labview is not licensed one. any idea how to solve this? i donot have labView run time engine installed on my machine. 

thanks,

kalpana 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,917 Views)

@Diana85 wrote:

i donot have labView run time engine installed on my machine.

If you have LabVIEW installed, you have the RTE installed.  Assuming your VIs were not set up to "Separate From Compiled Code", you can call them using the RTE.  You just have to configure TestStand to use the RTE instead of the full LabVIEW IDE.

What I do is compile my libraries into Packed Project Libraries (PPLs) and then use the LabVIEW RTE with the TestStand Deployment license.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,842 Views)

Thanks for the response.

With run time Engine option, I am able to execute all the other VI's in teststand except the VI with front panel open. I have few GUI VI which will get the input from the operator and process the data in Teststand, which is not working fine with run time engine.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,446 Views)