NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

modelsupport2.dll documentation?

Is there any documentation available for the modelsupport2.dll library?  

Specifically, I've got some scattered function calls in the code I've inherited, there are no comments to indicate what those function calls do, and I don't want to "just try it and see what happens".  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,224 Views)

Seth_K,

The only information that I was able to come across was an older forum post asking a similar question. They documented a good potential workaround to aid your situation: http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand/Doc-Modelsupport2-dll/td-p/58054

Message 2 of 7
(5,202 Views)

You have the source code for modelsupport2.dll.  It is located in <TestStand>\Components\Models\TestStandModels and is written in CVI I believe, which is basically ansi C.  You can always look through the source code and figure out what is going on. 

I've known people to modify and rebuild modelsupport2.dll.  Let's hope that isn't the case here.  It could get really nasty if they don't know what they are doing.

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 3 of 7
(5,202 Views)

No, I have no plan on modifying that file.  I'm just finding some function calls in the process model I'm working on, and I want to see what those calls do, and if they can be removed from the process model.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,191 Views)

Hopefully you can figure it out with the source code.  Generally you don't want to remove stuff in the process model.  I know that modelsupport2.dll takes care of a lot of the communication with threads in the multithreaded models.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,185 Views)

I hope so too.  I'll probably post more questions about functions inside the source code once I crack into it further.

I'm basically re-writing the sequential process model for our company's uses.  I'm basically taking out as much of the extra functionality as I can to make the validation effort as simple as possible.  I'm also using a custom UI as well, so if those functions are meant to talk to one of the existing UIs, then I won't be using it.

Thanks,

Seth

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,183 Views)

Hi,

Were you able to fix this issue?. I am facing the same hang issue in preloading modelsupport2.dll occasionally.

Thanks,

Mohan

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,482 Views)