NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Could not Load file or assembly..." Another one

I have searched in the forum for possibles solutions and i can't fix this problem yet.

The problem comes when i decided to use my c# assemblies without installing them in the GAC.

The sequence calls a "Tool" class that include a "Reader" class, that "Reader" class use a "Wrapper" class for some C libraries. The sequence breaks at the constructor of the "Reader"class with the well-known error.

The sequence works well when i had all my libraries installed in GAC, but we want to avoid GAC due to production requirements. It is a problem withinthe GAC?

The key that makes me write a post here is the fact that, as it is now, my system works well with a .NET GUI utility, but does not work with TestStand. Could you give me, at least, any idea or what can i search to fix it? If it is possible without GAC...

Thanks.

Daniel

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,021 Views)

Has anybody an idea of why is happening this? i've been searching but i have not find anything.

I can try to explain further the problem if anyone needs it, but the problem is still the same, i cannot run some assemblies with teststand but i can with c# dummy application.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,955 Views)

Hi,

With the information you give I can only stay general: We are using a lot of C#-classes we have wrotten by ourself but we never use the GAC. We got usually this exception because - obviously - Teststand or the called dll could not found the secondary dll. Typically, we put all our dll in on folder and set this folder in the "Seach Directories" of Teststand. 

If you could please send more information on which function is calling which dll and where are located the dll, I will may be help you further.

Bye,

Risotto

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,952 Views)