NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(relative path vs absolute path) : Could not found path to load Vi's even though the path exists Error Code : -17208

Hello, 

as specified in the subject, TestStand(2013) is unable to find Vi's when I use a relative path.
It's ok when I use an absolute path but it becomes quickly difficult when you have to load more than 100 Vi's

I tried to configure the LV module in runtime then developpement mode but the problem persists.

I made sure that the search directory is well configured
I tried to change the load options, the problem still there

do you have any idea to fix this problem please?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(921 Views)

Hi Chakib11,

I am calling VIs using relative paths in TestStand 2012 and 2019 without issue.  I do not have an installation of 2013 to check but I would be surprised if this issue has remained undiscovered in 2013 until now.

Are you able to provide more detail of your sequence, relative calls and search paths etc.?  Screen shots would be great but as a starting point, the full path of your sequence, the full paths of the VIs that you are attempting to call and a screen shot of your configured search directories would help us to resolve your issue.

Regards

Steve 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(890 Views)

Hi,

You can refer the TestStand examples where the VIs are called in a relative path mode.

You can cross check your code with that.

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(864 Views)

Hi,

You can share a sample sequence with VIs so that we can have a look.

Ravi

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(828 Views)