NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

teststand deployment license

Hi,

I plan to deliver a test system to my customer but they don't want to pay for development licence. So i offered them deployment licence. Can someone describe me if i can do following with the development licence;

- Is it enough to copy the TS file from the PC with the development licence where i develope the TS programme , to the target PC with deployment licence? Or do i have to do anything else to run this programme on the target PC

- calling dll

- call and run VI

Thx in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,056 Views)

No, you should really do a deployment (Tools>Deploy TestStand System) where you can create an installer for the engine, drivers, and workspace files. I've typically created two. One for the engine, drivers. UI, and the rest of the common components. Another installer for the components that are unique for different test systems.

Be sure to select the LabVIEW run-time engine before you create the deployment package.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,050 Views)

Hi,

There's instructions for creating a TestStand Deployment image and installer in the TestStand Reference Manual. You should expect 1 - 3 days the first time through to get it all figured out. In order to repeatedly test a deployment on a clean PC, I've used Norton Ghost and also Virtual Machines to quickly wipe the installation test machine back to clean for reinstalls.

You'll need to purchase and activate a license on the target machine. If you need help with that call your local National Instruments rep.

cc

Message 3 of 3
(3,019 Views)