NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

understanding how a custom teststand GUI works

I'm in charge to modify an existing teststand project, I have the source files (seq, Vi, .tsd, etc). but from my understanding the whole project is a custom .NET teststand application  that run the main sequence, more custom Labview interfaces and so on. but until now I have not encountered where is the source code for this GUI, for my understanding supose it needs to be stored with all these files because the source code.

I can perform new deployments, i have the .tsd, question is what was the path they follow for deploy the whole project?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(249 Views)

An operator interface (the TestStand term for a deployed GUI shich is NOT the SequenceEditor you use for programming and debugging) is an independent application. If I understand this correctly, in your case, it is an executable based on ,net

The executable starts the TestStand engine and interacts with it using the API to run tests.

Your tsd file describes, from where the executable is taken for the depyloment. Maybe you can find your way from there to the actual sources.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(218 Views)

Thanks, I understand your point here about GUI being a standalone application, the thing is I can't find the source code for this executable or custom OI even using the .tsd.... I really don't know how they did the deployment to create this .exe file that runs the custom GUI

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(206 Views)

Think of a TestStand deployment rather of a re-arrangement of files than actually building /compiling.

The .tsd is the description which files are to put where.

from what I understand, you should be able to modify and redeploy more or less everything but the OI

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(182 Views)