NI VeriStand Add-Ons Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASAM HIL API for NI VeriStand 2012 Feedback

Hi Balazs,thanks to you patient reply. It helps a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,545 Views)

hi Balazs,with the NI HIL API and your help,our project proceeds smoothly.

But some performance issues need be improved when there are more capture variables or capture time is

long(e.g. our project capture 200 variables,capture time is not long,about 2s).In order to generate

report, we need get capture data with the ExtractSignalValue method to extract each capture variable's

data. When data size is big(capture variable number is big or capture time is long), the

ExtractSignalValue method spend about 5s or even more time for each variable. With 200 variables,it takes

about half an hour to get all data. Compared with other steps,this step is too slow. So, is there some

clever method? or can you help implement the GetSignalGroupValue method,or can you supply a method to

access the inner TDMS file so that we can analysis file ourselves.

In addition,there seems to be some problem with MAPort.Write() when model path contain //, the method

fails but Read() method is OK.

That all,thanks!!

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,545 Views)

I just find that this add-on is provided as open-source software. How can i get the source code?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,545 Views)

We have been noticing that while trying to use NI HIL API  it takes around 80-100 seconds per variable to extract data and it increases for more variables and the length of the capture. This is hindering us from using the Veristand HIL effectively as for some of our testing we need to capture more than 100 variables and then analyse them.

We use the NI HIL API inside dSPACE Automation Desk software. With the help of dSPACE we proved that it was not the software but instead the command that is used to extract the data. This problem has been asked before in this forum too

Can you please try and reproduce this issue on your C# layer of the HIL API to verify the bug. We have done everything on our side to confirm the bug.

This is an important issue, we want this resolved at the earliest so we can efficiently use the veristand hardware.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(1,545 Views)

There is another issue we are facing here. Its with the download times for the STI files to the NI hardware.

For more info on this issue please go through this thread :

https://decibel.ni.com/content/message/73691#73691

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,545 Views)

Hi, I noticed that the ASAM HIL API for NI Veristand downloaded from https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-29621 has an issue.

(Setup_ASAM_HIL_API_for_NI_VeriStand_v2012_v1.0.1.zip)   

When installed i got the error:    

Error: "StandardError: Unknown Error, Internal error in ExtractSignalValue  Could not load file or assembly 'NationalInstruments.Tdms, Version=9.1.40.204,  Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=dc6ad606294fc298' or one of its dependencies.  The system cannot find the file specified."    

Checked the Microsoft.NET folders and the following folder was missing:    

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL\NationalInstruments.Tdms   

I then uninstalled "Setup_ASAM_HIL_API_for_NI_VeriStand_v2012_v1.0.1.zip"    

And installed an earlier version that i was using on a different test bench, ( I believe it is v1.0.0 )    

Now everything works fine and "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL\NationalInstruments.Tdms" has been installed    

Please check before releasing new versions of the HILAPI.( this may be a bug )

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(1,545 Views)