ni.com checkout is currently experiencing issues.

Support teams are actively working on the resolution.

NI VeriStand Add-Ons Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Treebrowser for Veristand Channels

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I couldn't find another.  I have been developing a Labview GUI to interface with Veristand on a RT system, and one of the thing I have needed was a quick way to get all the channels that are available in my System Definition file. I couldn' t find anything in the NI Discussion Forums:Additional NI Product Boards:NI VeriStand forums, so I dug around and was able to make the attached VIs and thought they might be helpful to others.

The first VI TreeBrowser Selector for Veristand.vi will create a tree view on the left and allow a list of the channels seleced to be seen on right. The selected channels are in an array output from this VI.  I use this to get channels to record and and to show on a strip chart.   I have tried to document the code.  A system def must be running before this is run.

treebrowser 1.PNG

This second VI (TreeBrowser Check box for Veristand.vi) is not as polished as the first.  It only shows a tree view of all the Veristand channels inthe system definition file, and allows the user to put a check mark next to the channel of interest.  When the Select Button (OK) is clicked the selected channels are put into the array.  This VI will need some work, but the treeview checkbox functionallity was what I was looking for.  I didn't polish this one up as much since I wanted the ability put into the first vi. A system def must be running before this is run.

treebrowser 2.PNG

I hope this helps and send/post any question or comments since this is my first code post.

Message 1 of 3
(5,291 Views)

The two pictures don't show up in your post.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,813 Views)

Thanks Bill.  I updated the post with the screen shots. I don't know why they disappeared after I first posted.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,813 Views)