NI VeriStand Add-Ons Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modbus Custom Device Feedback

It appears that write single holding register for a master is not implemented.

Thanks.

Thanks.
Rob
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 39
(5,039 Views)

Hi rkbull,

YES, that's true. I checked in the code. I'm going to fix that and upload a new version soon. What is the matter of emergency?

Regards

Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 39
(5,039 Views)

Hi Vincent_R,

My goal is to implement a real time Modbus master through veristand (using 2014). I followed the instructions above and also received a 'get main page' error. Also, when I open the project from source, it cannot find certain libraries on my computer (see below). All veristand software is up to date. Please advise.

Thanks,

Mike.

modbus_load.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 39
(5,039 Views)

Hi Vincent,

This is the first error I see after copying the Modbus folder into the Veristand 2014 Custom Devices dir, right clicking on Custom Devices -> Modbus. I also noticed the 2014.1.0 version was taken off the site, any reason?

Thanks, Mike.

modbus.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 39
(5,039 Views)

Hi,

For a reason I ignore, I cannot upload the source and built version 2014.1.0. I opened a request to web-team.

Send me a private message with your email inside and I'll send it directly by email.

Regards

Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 39
(5,039 Views)

Vincent,

I am running Veristand 2014 on a PXIe-8100 and using the Modbus Custom device.  It seems to be working well for me, but I do get error when shutting down and deploying.  Below is a picture of what I am seeing.  Any idea what could be causing these?

Thanks,

Marty

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 39
(5,039 Views)

Hi Marty,

Are-you referring to -2206 error and then -307730?

Regards

Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 39
(5,039 Views)

Those two, as well as the one during deployment:

"Starting asynchronous custom device loops...

[Error: Labview: The LabVIEW Run-Time Engine cannot load the polymorphic VI. This error occurs int he stand-alone applications when the VI is polymorphis.]"

Or is this expected?

Thanks,

Marty

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 39
(5,039 Views)

Hi Marty,

These are the known issues #2 and #3.

I plan to fix them in next version.

Can you, please, send me a private message which details your usage context, I'm collecting feedback?

Regards

Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 39
(5,039 Views)

Thanks, I'll check known issues first in the future.  I am using TCP Modbus, but the description of known issue #2 sounds like it only applies to serial.

Marty

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 39
(5,039 Views)