Next Steps - LabVIEW RIO Evaluation Kit

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW RIO Racer Example

This example using the LabVIEW RIO Evaluation Kit uses the onboard I/O to simulate a racing computer game, with the encoder, LCD Screen, Potentiometer, LEDs, and push buttons all providing feedback. Open the attached Racing Example.lvprog and the Instruction Screen.vi to see the I/O controls, then get ready to race! Example created by Ryan_S.

Deborah Burke
NI Hardware and Drivers Product Manager
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 1 of 5
(27,154 Views)

Racer.PNG HowTo.PNG

Front Panel image and user controls instructions

Deborah Burke
NI Hardware and Drivers Product Manager
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,057 Views)

Hello,

Is there any documentation that goes along with this example? Looked like fun so I downloaded and I briefly tried to figure it out and I didn't get it to work. Don't know if there are wire changes or adds, or what to do basically. I have the Eval kit with display.

EDIT: I figured it out after another try. Run the RT Host.vi then run the Racing Example Host.vi. The sky is messed up but otherwise seems to work. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,057 Views)

Hey Jeff,

I'm glad you were able to run the example. The sky should appear to smear as you drive left or right, because I'm redrawing the image to simulate movement left and right. Does any other part of the image appear incorrect and does the sky appear smeared when the vehicle isn't moving? If not, then the image should be displaying as expected. As for general documentation, I didn't create any to go with the example. However, if you have any questions regarding the example please feel free to post them here.

--Ryan S.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,057 Views)

Thanks Ryan. It works as  you described and I'm good. Thanks for the reply and for the example code.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,057 Views)