ni.com checkout is currently experiencing issues.

Support teams are actively working on the resolution.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8115 peripheral drivers

I need to load XP from scratch on a PXI 8115 Embedded Controller. I have only found drivers for Windows 7 and PXIe.

Does anyone know where I can find these for PXI 8115 Embedded Controller?  Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,064 Views)

There are two main methods that NI recommends for hard drive recovery and OS installation of a PXI System:

1) Restoring from a Recovery CD that ships with the PXI System

2) Using the Acronis software that ships with the controller to restore from a backup image. To enter the Acronis Utility, press F4 during boot up.

Here is a  KnowledgeBase article article discussing some techniques for Hard Drive Recovery and OS Installation for PXI, VXI, cRIO-908x, and cDAQ-913x Controllers

Taylor B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,035 Views)

Upon reading your post again, this may actually be the more useful  KnowledgeBase article: What Peripheral Drivers Should I Use with My PXI or VXI Controller?

Taylor B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,034 Views)

Thanks Taylor for your quick response.  I had looked at the table but see only drivers for 8015e.  Would that be the same for a non express system as we have the 8015 embedded controller?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,030 Views)

We do have a link to the download NI PXI-8105 Peripheral Drivers for those OS. You can try installing those onto Windows 7, but we can't garauntee it works. It hasn't been tested, but some customers have gotten it to work.

Taylor B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,025 Views)

Thank you for your help Taylor....appreciate your time.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,021 Views)