PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driver for Signatec PDA14

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had drivers that allows Signatec PDA14 board to be used in Labview. I wish to try and use this board to capture signalf from an A-scan ultrasound setup.  I already have the labview interface (given from collaborator), I just need labview to be able to see the PDA14 etc. So far I have not been able to find any drivers but have seen in several research papers that this card has been used as an interface for digitization of data. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

David

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,116 Views)

Hello Spada hope you are doing great!

You can communicate withthe Signatec Board via VISA unless you have IVI drivers either from the board Manufacturer or National Instruments, NI actually does not have any driver for the PDA14 that I could find.
However you can try and find if SignaTec has drivers so you can interface with our products. If signatec does have iVI compliant drivers for the board the only resource available we might have is to talk it via the commands suplied by the vendor of the board.

Regards,

Luis A.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,107 Views)

Hi Luis,

Thanks for the reply.  I have communicated with Signatec and they said if I purchase their Software Development Kit (SDK) I should be able to use the board with LabView.

The answer I got about the SDK was:

"Yes, the LabVIEW interface is software that runs under LabVIEW and captures using all functionalities of the Signatec PDA14."

I have asked for further details, as I'm not sure how this would work.  Perhaps someone here can offer some more information.

Many thanks for you help, it's greatly appreciated.

David

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,105 Views)

Hello Spada, 

You can ask them  about the .DLL file and the command set needed in order to communicate with the Board so you can use the call library function node in LabVIEW or use the Wizard.

Regards, 

Luis A.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,100 Views)