PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

National Instruments PXI with IEEE 802.15.4 standard (ZigBee)

Bonjour,

En fait, je travaille sur  un projet qui a pour but d’implémenter un émetteur/récepteur Zigbee en bande de base reconfigurable sur la plateforme d'évaluation XUPV5-LX110T qui embarque un Virtex 5. Je suis actuellement dans la phase de test réel.

Premièrement, Je veux envoyer mes données venant d’un pc vers un FPGA et de les recevoir (pour traiter mes signaux sur Matlab). Est-ce-que cette tâche est faisable ou non ? Y a-t-il une solution pour ça en utilisant un média de communication (la liaison série par exemple)

Deuxièmement, Y a-t-il un équipement de mesure et de test de National Instruments à l’aide des PXI qui supporte le protocole sans fil Zigbee ou autrement la norme IEEE 802.15.4 (à savoir RF Vector Signal Generator et Vector Signal Analyzer) de la partie frontale analogique que ce soit en émission ou en réception?

Et merci d’avance pour tout le monde.

Hello,

In fact, I'm working on a project which aims to implement a reconfigurable Zigbee tranceiver on XUPV5-LX110T Evaluation platform which integrates a Virtex 5 FPGA. I am currently in the phase of real test.

First, I want to send my data from a PC to FPGA and receive it (to treat my signals on Matlab). Is this possible or not? If yes, Is there a solution for it using a medium of communication (e.g. serial link)

Second, is there a measuring equipment and testing National Instruments using PXI which supports the Zigbee wireless protocol or otherwise IEEE 802.15.4 standard (i.e. RF Vector Signal Generator and Vector Signal Analyzer) of the analog front-end either in transmission or reception?

And thanks a lot in advance for everyone.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,614 Views)

Hello,

I am not sure what data you will be collecting, or how you intend on using the board. Perhaps you can explain your application a little bit more?

Is the FPGA code already developed for your application with the XUPV5-LX110T board? As long as the developed FPGA code is able to communicate with your PC via whatever protocol you choose, then you can use that as a channel to send data back and forth. Since the board is capable of many different I/O connections, you can pretty much sending/receive data over which ever connection you prefer, Ethernet, RS-232, etc.

Just to clear up any confusion, if you do not already have FPGA code for the board, this is not something you would be able to develop with LabVIEW FPGA programming. The XUPV5-LX110T board is not supported for programming its FPGA using LabVIEW FPGA. You can however, program in labVIEW to communicate data back and forth with the I/O you have chosen to connect with to your PC, such as Ethernet or RS-232, as mentioned above.

As far as measuring equipment NI offers for testing with the Zibee (IEEE 802.15.4) wireless protocol in the PXI platform, if your application requires you to both transmit to, and received from the board, and then you would need either both a Vector Signal Generator and Vector Signal Analyzer, or a Vector Signal Transceiver. See the list below for some examples of what we have to offer.

VSAs: NI PXI-5661, NI PXIe-5663E

VSGs: NI PXI-5671, NI PXIe-5672/5673E

VSTs: NI PXIe-5644R/5645R/5646R

From my knowledge of ZigBee, you would be capable of communicating with the board using any of these devices.

Matthew R.
Field Applications & Systems Engineer
National Instruments

Certified-LabVIEW-Developer_rgb.jpg

Certified-TestStand-Developer_rgb.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,588 Views)

Hello,

You asked me “Is the FPGA code already developed for your application with the XUPV5-LX110T board?”

Yes of course, this task is already done (the reconfigurable Zigbee tranceiver is implemented on XUPV5-LX110T Evaluation platform). It just remains to test it and see the Data Flow (coming from a PC / going to the PC) by performing a real test using an equipment from any manufacturer, this equipment must treat the signals coming from the tranceiver (or even generate signals to the tranceiver) in part of analog front end for the ZigBee protocol.

And thank’s a lot.

Regards

Soucy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,536 Views)

Soucy,

Understood, but for further clarification, when you say “the Data Flow (coming from a PC / going to the PC)”, you are referring to the data being transferred as an RF signal using the ZigBee protocol, correct? Perhaps you can also clarify what test(s) you want to be able to perform.

If you have any specific questions about the NI products I listed above, I’d be happy to answer them.  

Matthew R.
Field Applications & Systems Engineer
National Instruments

Certified-LabVIEW-Developer_rgb.jpg

Certified-TestStand-Developer_rgb.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,523 Views)