PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI 4072 Overload

Good day Ni Community,

I have previously posted an issue that I had with a system of 9 switch matrices (PXI 2535) connected to a DMM (PXI 4072). You can find the link here: http://forums.ni.com/t5/PXI/PXI-4072-DMM-initialization-problem-for-repeated-measurements/td-p/32728...

TL;DR: I am trying to measure multiple points (resistances) on a small pitched array. I am using the switch matrices to create the connection between the measured point and the DMM, after which I perform the measurement. I have the necessary connections in a list (external file) that I go through with the help of a loop. The part when I have to make the connections works perfectly, mening that I have everything set on the hardware side to perform the measurement.

However, I have encountered an issue that requires me to contantly reset the DMM in order to be able to perform the next measurement. At this point the application requires ~30 seconds to perform every measurement in my array, however, I am losing a tremendous amount of time resetting the DMM at every iteration. If I remove the reset function, The first measurement is always taken correctly, but as soon as I disconnect one line in the switch matrix, the DMM runs into Overload and cannot recover for the next measurement. I have also tested it out manually (manually connecting the lines I need in the SMX, then open the DMM panel and perform the measurement), but if I do not close the DMM panel before I proceed to the next point (next pair of connections) it again runs into Overload and stops working. Chaning to another type of measurement (for example temperature) and then going back to resistance solves the issue (I think changing the desired measurement type automatically resets the DMM in manual mode - at least it behaves as such).

I would like to ask for your help at this point, as I am not sure if I am dealing with a possible hardware issue here, or am I missing something during the configuration porcedure? Thank you in advance, if you would like some additional information, I will supply it upon request.

Kind regards,

Ferenc Fodor

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(3,141 Views)