PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI: Host and Target Application very basic example doesn't work

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to create a very basic Host And Target Application in LV2010 but i couldn't make it work. I created my application following an example from: https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-14699. I

It seems like this example was created for a Compact RIO, but it shouldn't be difficult to adapt it for a PXI. Here are the steps i followed to do this task:

1.- I added a new device (a PXI) in the project by clicking on the Project Tree, New>Target And Devices> Specify a Target and Device by IP Address

2.- I right-clicked on the new device and pressed Connect, and that worked fine.

3.- I copied the 'Target Vi.vi' file on the RT PXI Target tree

4.- I created a Source Distribution Buid Specification  and added the 'Target VI.vi' to "the always included category". After that i pressed Build.

5.- 2.- I right-clicked on the PXI device and pressed Deploy all.

6.- I opened the 'Host.VI- Control Target VI', changed the IP address, and run the file.

When i pressed Start Remote VI, the program stops and one error is shown :

Error 63 occurred at Open Application Reference in Host VI - Control Target VI.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: Serial port receive buffer overflow.
=========================
LabVIEW: The network connection was refused by the server.

I would greatly appreciate any help you might be able to give me. Attached please find the project files i tried.

Sincerely,

Juan Carlos Cambera

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,770 Views)

My problem has been solved. I had to errors:

1) When i tried to communicate the Target and the Host, i got:  Error 63. LabVIEW: The network connection was refused by the server. The reason of this message was that the VI server was not configured correctly.  In order to communicate the Host and the server you have to activate the TCP/IP messages in your server. You can find the steps in the next link:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/6CCCED1045C479D286256A3A00655123

2) Although with the last correction i was allowed to start and to stop the target remotely, it was not until i copied the Shared Variable Library into the Remote Target when i was allowed to receive the data from the target.

I've attached the corrected files.

Regards, 

Juan Carlos Cambera

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,760 Views)