PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading from PXI4462 and 6071E Multifunction I/O to Labview

Hi!  I'm currently working on a device that is connected to a PXI4462 and a 6071E multifunction I/O in a PXI1010 Chassis reading into Labview.  The two PXI are connected through a SCB100 to a shaker.  While the shaker is functioning, I haven't been able to get a reading (which should be of force and acceleration) in the Labview Vibration Diagnostic program.  I have been told that this may be because of conflicts in reading from two DAQ cards (?).  If this is true, how can I fix this? 

I'm not familiar with electronics, so any help would be much appreciated

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,331 Views)
*data acquisition cards, not DAQ
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,324 Views)
Hello vmwei,

More than likely, this is probably just a connectivity issue.  I am assuming that you have your acceleration signal connected to the 4462.  Is that correct?  If so, are you having any trouble with that reading?  Also, it sounds like you have a PXI-6071E connected to the SCB-100, but I don't know what signals you have connected to that device.  Please describe in more detail what signals you have connected to the SCB-100.  I would like to know if the signal sources are grounded or floating and exactly what pins on the SCXI-100 you have them wired to.  Hopefully this additional information will help to isolate the problem.

Best regards,
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,310 Views)
You're correct, the accerlation and force signals are connected to the 4462 and a signal is received.  The SCB 100 is connected to the 6071E, and from the board there are wires connecting from pins 23 and 20 to an amplifer, as well as wires from 83 and 84 that connect up with the signal exiting from the amp through a fuse.  This signal then enters the shaker.  I'm uncertain whether the signal sources are grounded or floating. 

Thanks! 
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,307 Views)
Hello vmwei,

Let's try to clarify things a bit more.  You say that you are not able to get readings with the LabVIEW Vibration Diagnostic program.  Are you referring to a test panel in Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX)?  If so, have you created a DAQmx task to read from the channels on your 4462?  What type of task did you create, and what settings did you specify?  Finally, are you actually getting an incorrect reading (if so, what is it's value) or are you getting a error (and which one)? 

Thanks,
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,292 Views)