cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIT - Error 14104

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

With Matlab & Simulink r2008b, Win XP 32, Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express, Labview 8.6 and SIT 5.0.1, when I'm trying to run the SIT generated dll on my PXI, i'm getting the following error (see attachment). My model is working in the simulation environment. The dll is in the /ni-rt/system/ folder and seems properly named. Lastly, my model the 182 KB, so it shouldn't be a memory issue. What is wrong?

The sit_error.txt is giving me the following error:

"Error log generated on 5/20/09 at 6:24 AM
Error 14104 occurred at TomModVue2_Driver.vi >> NI_SIT_driversupportVIs.lvlib:SIT Initialize Model.vi >> NI_SIT_driversupportVIs.lvlib:SIT Init Model DLL.vi

This error code is undefined. No one has provided a description for this code, or you might have wired a number that is not an error code to the error code input."

Obviously, my model is named TomModVue2.dll.

What is wrong?

Thank you a lot!

Error 14104

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,750 Views)

Hi uG,

You have probably already read this KnowledgeBase article.  It looks like you have ruled out all of the steps listed.  Have you tried recompiling the dll and re-FTPing the dll to the target?

When you were building the dll did you follow the steps listed here?  Are you using the nidll.tlc when building the dll?

Justin Parker
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,727 Views)

Hi Justin!

Yes, I do have took a look at the KnowledgeBase article. I do have followed the usual steps and have used the nidll.tlc (with Visual Studio Express 2008). I also tried to recompile and re-FTPing.

Actually, even the dll I generated from the Sine Wave model example is not functional (even if the provided example dll is functional...). So, I guess the problem is related to the dll generation.

What could I have forgot?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,725 Views)

The only 'error' I get at the dll generation is the following:

"## SIT 5.0.1 Generating Ports Readme file
Could Not Find C:\Users\Research - Student\Documents\MATLAB\sinewave_nidll_rtw\*.obj  "

Is it normal?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,723 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author uG

Hi all,

I succeed getting my compiling errors with the following steps!

First of all, I had the proof my dll was corrupted thanks to the following utility:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/0BF52E6FAC0BF9C286256EDB00015230?OpenDocument

I realised I was missing something related to kernel32.dll.

Instead of using the Visual Studio 2008 Express compiler and, my favorite NI engineer suggested me to give a try with the VS200Express, and the 2003 SDK, as explained on this KB article:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/AAD15283A1F051A1862574F000744DBD?OpenDocument

I downloaded the VS2005 from Softpedia, because haven't found it on Microsoft's website. The 2003 SDK (standalone) is still available on MS's website:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=484269E2-3B89-47E3-8EB7-1F2BE6D7123A&displa...

So. That's basically it. I followed the instructions on the KB, and it worked!

Message 5 of 6
(5,632 Views)

A customer reported the following problem:

Hi,

I am trying to compile a dll model for Simulation Interface Toolkit by using Visual Studio 8.0 Professional Edition. My goal is to create a dll from my own C/C++ code that can be executed on a real-time target with the SIT environment.

As a first attempt I try to compile the sinewave example that is included with SIT. When I try to load it however, I get an error with code 14104. I have tried with some other versions of Visual Studio, and also with downloading the PlatformSDK as was suggested in the knowledge database, without success. What am I doing wrong?

He followed the instructions in this thread and used an older version of VS which solved the issue.

/Johan

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,518 Views)