PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uncertainty measurements

I need to state all uncertainty measurements on calibration reports. I'm currently using Calibration executive 3.3. Is there an upgrade to calculating the uncertainty measurements? This is required by A2LA 17025 as of 12/1/2011.

Thanks

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,834 Views)

Dan,

Thanks for your question. If you have not already, I would recomend you look at the Calibration Executive help documentation concerning measurment uncertainty. There are measurment uncertainty calculations that 3.3 can make for particular devices. You have the ability to create uncertainty template files to add to this functionality. When you say "Is there an upgrade to calculating the uncertainty measurements?" do you mean you want to change the way uncertainty measurments are currently done in 3.3? Add custom measurments?

Can you expand more about the functionality you need out of the calibration executive as required by A2LA 17025.

2012-01-16_150729.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(4,808 Views)

Here is the info for the A2LA: http://www.a2la.org/guidance/A2LA_G110.pdf

I seen the uncertainty measurement help section, but it seems to only do it for a few of NI products.

I need to have calculations for all of my products.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(4,797 Views)

Dan,

Thanks for your reply. You are right in cal exec 3.2 only a has a subset of uncertainty measurments available. I will look into if there are other versions that have additional functionality or if there is anything we can do to help. 

<Joel Khan | Applications Engineering | National Instruments | Rice University BSEE> 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(4,782 Views)

Dan,

I am checking with some Calibration Executive domain experts. I will get back to you when I find out more.

<Joel Khan | Applications Engineering | National Instruments | Rice University BSEE>

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(4,777 Views)

Thanks for the update

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(4,775 Views)

Dan,

Can you be specific about which devices you are interested in getting uncertaintly measurments for?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,759 Views)

Here is the list

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(4,750 Views)

Thanks,

I have NI domain experts looking into this for you. I will get the list to them. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(4,734 Views)

It looks as in if the facility in Austin Texas is capable of doing uncertainty. Do they have a new version of calibration executive to do this?

http://www.ni.com/services/calibration_compare.htm

Thanks

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(4,728 Views)