PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lenovo t420 ExpressCard 8360 troubleshooting help needed

Hi all,

I need help with getting MAX to recognize my 1033 chassis and the associated cards. When I powered it up last time MAX recognized the DMM and the Freq Source but hung badly (hard reset of PC) when trying to use NI-Scope. Now I can't even get the chassis to show up in MAX. Please help me

I have a NI ExpressCard 8360, a Lenovo T420, and a 1033 chassis w/ 5122,4070, and 5404 in slots 3,4, and 2.  I'm running LV 2012 f5

Description: The two green lights on the 1033 are lit. The chassis was turned on for one minute before turning on the PC. MAX was started. The only things showing up in Devices are the simulated devices if configured. No 1033...

My software configuration is LV 2012 Service Pack 1 V12.0.1f5 (32 bit)

When I look at Device Manager in Windows unders System I see "PCI bus" but nothing like PCI bridge to bridge. Not sure if I should or not...

Any pointers would be helpful.

Thanks,

JD360

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,602 Views)

Hi JD360,

As long as the Express card is working properly and you do not have MXI Compatibility Software installed, there should be a PCI-PCI Bridge in device manager. Sometimes this has a yellow bang next to it if it has not been recognized properly, but it should be there. Can you verify you don't have the compatibility software and double check the device manager to see if there is a PCI-PCI bridge?

Some more general quick questions to help troubleshoot:

1) What OS do you have?

2) What DAQmx version do you have?

3) In Windows Services, is PXI Platform Services started and running?

4) In Windows Services, is NI Device Loader started and running?

I hope this helps,

Eric E.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,589 Views)

I got this up and running. After rebooting and carefully following the turn-on sequence I could see the ExpressCard as a PCI-PCI bridge in the Windows System Hardware view. My next step is to get the digitizer and signal generator working with the SFPs.

I'll post an update.

Thanks,

JD360

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,506 Views)

Thank you for getting back!

Let us know when you have an update. Thanks!

Cameron T
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,496 Views)