PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pxi-4071 error on calibration executive

hi!

i have this little problem with my NI calibration executive. The error says

" Error-1071001424 occurred at Error-1071001424 occurred at ***configcalibratorandwait.vi

Possible reason(s)

Current Compliant Voltage Exceeded".

Can you guys help me on this? I am calibrating this NI DMM PXI-4071. Please see attached captured error.

thanks.

error.JPGating

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,415 Views)

popoi,

Thanks for posting on the NI forums. I have a couple questions for you that should help us get to the bottom of the problem. 

What version of Calibration Executive are you using?  You should be able to find this by going to the Help Menu >> About Calibration Executive.

What Equipment are you using to perform the calibration? There is a list of equipment here.

Is this the only board that you are having difficulty calibrating with Calibration Executive? 

Thanks!

Aaron W.
National Instruments
CLA, CTA and CPI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,403 Views)

Mr. Aaron,

Thank you for your response. I am using Calibration Executive V3.2.2 and Fluke 5720A SeriesII Multiproduct calibrator as my standard with PXI-GPIB connection. I have also tried using the GPIB connection of the PXI-8106 Controller but got the same error. My chassis is PXI-1042Q and this error happens on all the DMM's i have here.

Any idea what is wrong with my system?

Thank you for your support.

regards,

popoi 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,389 Views)

popoi,

Can you double check for me that you are indeed using the 5720 Series 2 calibrator?  We have seen several issues with the series 1, but the series 2 should be different.  Has this calibrator has been calibrated in the last 90 days?

Can you try any other types of connection?  Does this error always happen at the same time during calibration?  You have seen the the 4071 Calibration Procedure and are following this correct?

Sincerely,
Jason Daming
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,362 Views)

I am using 5720A Series 2 calibrator calibrated last 2008 and is due on May 2010. We have followed the manufacturers recommendation of 24 months interval calibration as described in the 5700/5720A Series II Service manual.

I have also tried using other connections but got same error. also i tried using other controller but same error pops out. I have followed the 4071 Calibration Procedure correctly and it always happen on the same test step and got same failing measurements when the retry button is pressed.

please advise.

-popoi  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,344 Views)

popoi, 

I am not saying with certinty that this is the problem but the calibration procedure does say on page 4 "Multifunction calibrator Fluke 5720A* (calibrated within the last 90 days)" with a note explaining why.

What other types of connections have you tried?

Sincerely,
Jason Daming
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,335 Views)

We have sent our 5720A calibrator for recalibration and also re-verified the PXI-4071 DMM modules after it was calibrated. After our calibration provider made some adjustment on the calibrator, the problem was eliminated. The error doesn’t come out anymore, the calibration procedure was completed and the result was pass.

thank you for your usual support.

-popoi

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,195 Views)