PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which PXI switch

Hello,

I am trying to build a ATE for testing of some slots.
I was thinking to use a PXI General purpose Relay(16-20 ,SPST, Electromechanical),  a DMM for resistance measurement , a Minimum slot PXI chassis.and if a buy a PXI controller then dont i need a PC. where is Labview installed then?
Can you suggest me appropriate NI parts for the same of lowest price.
Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,049 Views)

Hi Priyanka,

In terms of the PXI chassis, I recommend taking a look at the PXI Advisor at ni.com, which lets you configure a PXI system according to your needs. 

If you choose to get an embedded controller, you are correct in saying that you will not need a PC.  The controller is the computer so LabVIEW will be installed on it, and you can hook up a monitor, keyboard, and mouse to it.  The other option is to look into using MXI.  This would allow you to use your own PC to control it remotely over a MXI cable.  For specific information on both embedded and remote controllers, take a look at the PXI Embedded Controller Overview KnowledgeBase article.

Hopefully this will help get you started.

Lauren L.

Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,035 Views)

Hi PriyankaJ,

The general site for any of our product advisors can be found at www.ni.com/advisors. From there, you can choose a product line and be direced to their respective home pages. You can then narrow down your search based on certain criteria.

For switches, you can navigate directly to the main page by visiting www.ni.com/switches.  The Switch Product selection Guide is also a good resource that shows topologies and important specifications all on one sheet.

For DMMs, it’s a little harder to get there from the advisor (Modular Instruments » Digital Multimeters (near the bottom of the page), so I recommend navigating directly to www.ni.com/digitalmultimeters.

The recommendation for which parts you need depends heavily on your application and the rest of the system. I recommend speaking with an internal representative whose job is to help select the right system components that will work well together and give you suggestions for everything you need now and in the future. Visit www.ni.com/contact.

I hope this helps.

Message Edited by Mark E on 12-06-2007 02:39 PM
Mark E.
Precision DC Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,026 Views)